I am pleased to announce that Anarchist Mountain will be recognized as a FireSmart Community for 2018! Attached is your signed letter.
Congratulations on taking this important step in making your community and homes within it, more resilient to wildfire.
Please advise when you will be holding your FireSmart Community Recognition Day. Please also advise where you would like your sticker mailed.
Again, great job and thank you for all your FireSmart work!
FireSmart Canada Provincial Liaison | BC Wildfire Service
FireSmart Initiative – Anarchist Mountain
The Anarchist Mountain FireSmart Committee was created in 2013 ” to help our neighbours in protecting the community from wildfire”.
People living in forested areas need to be aware of the wildfire threat and ways they can take action to make their home and community become “FireSmart”.
Denis Thomson – Chairperson email@example.com
Helen Malloy – Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Darren Hutchinson – Fire Education Advisor
Richard Douziech – At Large email@example.com
Alex Giovannelli – At Large firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerry Moran – At Large email@example.com
Walter Zinowki – At Large firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continue managing the yard refuse site.
- Complete 100% of assessments for all new homes constructed and move-ins.
- Maintain our FireSmart status.
- Participate in Wildfire Community Preparedness Day, May 5, 2018. This is a new initiative being promoted by FireSmart Canada.
- Support any outside communities seeking FireSmart knowledge.
- Go to FireSmart Canada to get more information https://www.firesmartcanada.ca/what-is-firesmart
To check current ventilation conditions:
Wildfire Hazard Assessment – Request
The hazard assessment form provides a point rating score for the condition of your home, surrounding structures, adjacent vegetation and other factors affecting the FireSmart status of your property. This will provide the homeowner with an action plan both short and long term to create a sustainable balance in a wildland urban interface setting.
To book an assessment you can contact Walter Zinowki, email@example.com.
Check Out the FireSmarting Rentals
Click to see the equipment available: Rentals
Yard Refuse Disposal 2018 – OMEI Wapiti Pit
We would like to thank Ron Palmer and Osoyoos Mountain Estates for working with us to find a location to collect yard refuse.
The site is to be used for the disposal of materials to aid in FireSmarting your property. Examples of materials accepted are:
- Grass, leaves, needles etc.
- Brush, branches etc.
- Items being brought in bags, boxes, etc. are to be emptied and the containers taken away.
- NO construction debris is to be brought in.
- Any abuse of the site will result in its immediate closure.
A member of AMCS/FireSmart committee will open and close the site and also monitor the origin and material coming into the site.
The hours of operation are 10:00am to 12:00pm on the 2018 Saturdays listed below. The site is located in Wapiti. Turn onto Wapiti and take the first road to the right.