Only furniture, mattresses, boxsprings and large appliances will be picked up. A maximum of two items per house will be collected, and each item cannot weigh more than 90kg or 200lbs. Items that will not be collected include electronics, lawn mowers, carpet, blinds, demolition materials or plumbing fixtures. Contact your local landfill or the Regional District for more information on recycling these items.
Schedule of Large Item Collection Dates:
- Friday, October 2: Village of Keremeos and Electoral Areas ‘B’ and ‘G’
- October 5 – 9: City of Penticton (on day of scheduled garbage collection)
- Monday, October 12 (Thanksgiving Monday): Town of Oliver and Electoral Area ‘C’
- Tuesday, October 13: Town of Osoyoos and Electoral Area ‘A’
- Wednesday, October 14: Electoral Areas ‘D’ and ‘I’, comprising Okanagan Falls and Kaleden
- Thursday, October 15: Electoral Areas ‘E’ and ‘F’ and Upper Carmi