Moonlight Snowshoe Party (MLSP) W5
When: Saturday, Dec 6, 7:15-30 start
Where: Dean & Glenda Corbett’s 1400 Kelly Road https://email@example.com,-119.1948386,14z. Going East on Hwy 3, take second Sidley Mountain Road, turn left (North), go to “T” (2km), turn right (east) on Kelly Road, follow to second driveway on the right which is 1400. Long driveway!
What: First Moonlight Snowshoe Party of the 2014-15 season. 45-60 minute walk through our forests, meadows and poplar bluffs. New snow and much warmer weather are expected starting Thursday. The OK valley is supposed to be cloudy, but remember we are usually above the winter clouds. http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-69_metric_e.html Subtract 5-10 degrees for temperature and double the amount of predicted precipitation. Moonrise is scheduled for about 7:30.
Who: Anyone who enjoys the great outdoors on our wonderful mountain!
Why: This is our seventh MLSP season and Dean’s 32th year of moonlight XC-Skiing and Snowshoeing. It is a magical experience that is best shared with friends, neighbours and family. Anticipation and hope for the moon to peek over the mountain, pop through the clouds and light up the snow make for a wonderful night. We also invite “shoers and non-shoers” alike inside our home for the après MLS for coffee, HC, Peppermint Patties, goodies, sing-a-long (maybe) and a great chance to visit friends and neighbours!
- BYOB and goody plate. We supply coffee, tea, HC, mulled something, warmth etc.
- Our driveway is fairly steep and long, but it should be in good winter shape. FrontWD with good snowies or FWD are recommended.
- We now have a “puppy buddy” for deaf old Pete. Please leave your dogs at home as big, rambunctious Larry is protective of Pete and Glenda.
- We have a couple of extra pairs of snowshoes. If you want to use them, please call well ahead. XC Skis work on our trails, but may be a bit fast for the rest of the snowshoers.
- Bring a flashlight in case of equipment problems, but please leave it turned off while we’re walking.
- RSVP is not required, but appreciated. We’re heading out at 7:30 regardless of the number of attendees.
We hope to see the regulars and newcomers on Saturday!
Dean & Glenda Corbett – Aloette Cosmetics Ph: 1800-661-9114 or 250 446 2420 www.aloette.com/okanagan “Make It Happen!”